Buying or selling

Not quite sure what do to when you are buying or selling a home? We've got you covered!

Unlike electricity, gas and internet services, we don’t disconnect our services or issue a final bill when a property is sold. 

Instead, the water and wastewater account remains linked to the property. When you buy or sell a property, the account is updated with details of the new owner/s upon transfer of the title at settlement.

Home owners

If you are buying or selling a home you do not need to contact us if you are using a settlement agent. The settlement agent will inform us of the sale or purchase details and will organise a specialmeter reading on your behalf.

Change of name / ownership on title

You can advise us of a change of ownership or change of name on a title deed by completing the change of details form. You will need to include a copy of the document showing your name change or the updated title deeds. No fee will be payable.

Change my details


If you are a pensioner or senior you will need to re-apply for your concession at your new property. Apply online or call us on 1300 659 951 to arrange this. 

Apply for a concession

Doing your own settlement

If you are buying a property without the help of a settlement agent, you will need to follow these steps in order to complete the settlement.

You can get a copy by either:

There are 4 parts to the form: 

  • the first part is ours
  • the second part is for the Office of State Revenue
  • the third part is for your local council
  • the fourth part is for your own records.

Contact each authority to determine the relevant processing fee as payment needs to be submitted with the form. 

Our meter reading fees are: 

  • Standard (5 working days) – $78.98
  • Urgent (2 working days) – $119.46

Complete the change my details form and submit with the required payments to each of the 3 authorities.

Change my details